Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Movie Making Site - It is live!

This year I have been really lucky to have the opportunity to spend a lot of time working on my inquiry thanks to Manaiakalani, I have been able to create a website that will help other teachers and our learners with movie making.


This site here is to help teachers and learners to make movies in their classrooms.

This site has 5 different areas.

How To Videos - These are some simple videos on how to do different things from holding the iPad to step by step instructions of editing on iMovie.

Film Techniques - These explain the different shots that can be used during your movie.

Graphics & Images - I will add animations and back drops that learners will use for green screen animations.

Teaching Strategies - It sounds easy making a movie, but how do you actually teach it?  This shows lessons of me teaching storyboarding, editing and different shots when filming.

Examples - These are movies that my learners have made, some are 10 seconds long and some are 2 minutes long.  We will continue to add movies to this as the year goes on.

This site is still being constantly edited and updated.  If there is anything in particular that is really helpful or something you would like to see in particular please leave me a comment or send me an email.  I hope this can be of some use to people, please share it with your colleagues!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very helpful tool Mr Moran. It's great to have everything in one place. I'm sure teachers will find this very useful and I'm looking forward to watching your Manaiakalani film this year. Tino pai!

    ReplyDelete