Monday, August 7, 2023

2023 - We awn! Lesh go!

We back and we're at it!

This year I have gained a great cohort of Year 7's who have joined our whanau to expand and improve on the many awesome students we have in our class.


This year I will be focusing on inquiring into my Reading practise, I have seen a need for expansion of vocabulary and answering inferencing questions.  This term I have been reading Latini Ilaoa's inquiry from 2019 and having discussions with her around what to do.  So far, I have found with my lower readers that they need mileage, different book and a different activity every day, most of the questions I have started with have been literal so they are able to see some success.  I have used some inferential questions in the text which I have found has definitely 'stumped' them.  I've noticed that I have been giving more wait time to my students as well.


What am I doing for vocabulary?

After most pages we share the 2 or 3 words we didn't know and we work together using multiple different strategies to solve these words.  This is going really well and I hope to continue to build on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment